Sunday, October 23, 2011

Le Royale with Cheese

I went to the Palais des Beaux Arts museum today, but I decided against posting pictures. Do people find museums interesting? Do people find pictures of museums interesting? I'm not sure I would.

What's more interesting is that I went to a French McDonald's (which everyone insists on calling McDo's). Right away, I see they have a "Royale Deluxe", which did indeed have cheese. I couldn't NOT get it, right? A friend recommended I get their jojos, so I got some of those too. The jojos weren't anything special, but the Royale Deluxe...ohhhhhh man. Beef patty, cheddar, lettuce, onion, and tomato on a bun. AND some crazy good mustard sauce; a little peppery, a little mustardy, very delicious, very fatty.

Also, I'm going to try and go to Brussels sometime soon. I'm super excited for chocolate, waffles, and beer. If nothing else, I can say I went to the home of the legend himself: Jean-Claude Van Damme, The Muscles from Brussels.

Bloodsport has always been one of my favorite movies. The broken English from Bolo, the hilarious faces Van Damme makes, the guy that says "OK! USA!", the wonderful trailer, it's all good!


His latest movie is a weird sort of meta-movie where he pretty much plays himself as a washed up action star. He goes into a post office, and it gets robbed by some guys. A tense hostage situation develops and the robbers notice they have Jean-Claude Van Damme as a hostage. Here's my favorite scene where he breaks the fourth wall and talks directly to the audience. Amazing, heartfelt acting! Or maybe, he wasn't actually acting?

1 comment: